If you are not familiar with Cloverdale, it is a town 80 miles north of San Francisco on Highway 101. Cloverdale is known for its small town ambiance, history, wine tasting and burgeoning arts community. Sculptures in Cloverdale wander through the easily walkable downtown area and beyond.
Entry submission is now over for the Next Exhibition Dates: April 26, 2019 – April 30, 2020
Exhibit Selection Committee
- Harvey Brody
- Harvey has been a studio artist for 40 years creating art in France and Northern California, exhibiting in France, New York and San Francisco. Twenty-five of those years were spent working with clay, including stoneware and porcelain and low-fire ceramics, creating both functional and sculptural work. His studio pursuits after 1986 included mixed media jewelry and mixed media functional and sculptural work as well as collages. He began painting in 2010
- Janet Howell
- Owner of J. Howell Fine Art Gallery located in Healdsburg, on the Plaza, and for many years former Director of the Carmel Art Association founded in 1927. Janet produced three books on early California art featuring artists E. Charlton Fortune, Percy Gray and Rip Matteson.
- Sandy Erickson
- Co-owner and director of the Erickson Gallery in Healdsburg. The gallery showcases contemporary paintings, sculptures and mixed media works by local and internationally known artists, with an emphasis on artists from Northern California. Sandy produced an art book, Joe Draegert, An American Artist.
- February 27, 2019
- Deadline for receipt of entries
- By March 14, 2019
- Artists will be notified of selection – artists selected will receive $250
- April 25, 2019
- Installation of selected 2018-2019 sculptures
- May 4, 2019
- Winners notified
- June 8, 2019
- 5:00 to 7:30pm – Opening Reception at the Cloverdale Performing Art Center, 209 N. Cloverdale Blvd. Introduction of sculptors and announcement of winners.
- April 30, 2020
- Removal of the 2018-2019 exhibit sculptures
- Jann Nunn
- Oakland-based artist Jann Nunn has exhibited lectured and held residencies internationally and throughout the United States since 1987. Her work has been shown in London, Seoul, Düsseldorf, Mexico City, New York, and throughout the Bay Area. Best known for her sculptures, Nunn has created several large-scale outdoor works in public places, including Burning Man 2001; Portland Clifftop Sculpture Park in the UK and SKYART Festival in Anchorage, Alaska.
- Jill Plamann
- Jill Plamann studied art at the San Francisco Art Institute and graduated with honors. In 2005 Hammerfriar Art Gallery and Framing Services was founded in Healdsburg. Jill received the North Bay Bohemian BOHO award in 2012. In August, 2017 Jill retired after 40 years of presenting art and owning her gallery for 13 years. Hammerfriar under Jill’s ownership became an important part of Sonoma County’s visual arts community. Currently she is a member of the Collections Committee at the Museum of Sonoma County.