Entry submissions for 2020-22 exhibit are closed.
Next Exhibition Dates: May 6, 2022 – April 27, 2023
The goals of the Cloverdale Sculpture Trail are to promote public art that is available to the Cloverdale community and visitors, bringing awareness of public art to all ages and ethnicities. Additionally to ignite the imagination and foster conversation and interaction
To bring awareness to the Sculpture Trail and the exhibiting sculptors each year we provide the following:
- Media releases. We have added a volunteer independent freelance writer to our team to increase media exposure.
- Printed brochures distributed in key tourism areas in Sonoma County and downloadable from our web site.
- Calendar listings including media, radio stations, art organizations, Sonoma County Tourism Bureau.
- Listing in the Sonoma County Visitors Guide.
- A sign next to each sculpture with artist name, sculpture title, name of sponsor. If a sculpture on display is for sale it will be noted on the sculptor sign and at our website.
- “Sculpture spotlight” appears in the cloverdale reveille showcasing a different sculptor every few weeks and at our website.
“Best of Show” ($1,000), “First Place” ($500) and “Honorable Mention” ($250) will be awarded. Each sculptor selected to exhibit will receive $250 from a sponsor to assist with expenses.
Video and Otocast
Each year we produce a video on the participating sculptors to show at the opening reception and then viewed at our website and You Tube. A narrated, audio (English & Spanish), self-guided walking tour with audio from the actual artists will be available through Otocast. The Trail can be explored worldwide by downloading from Google Play or Apple App Store the free Otocast app and search for Cloverdale.
If you are not familiar with Cloverdale, it is a town 80 miles north of San Francisco on Highway 101. Cloverdale is known for its small town ambiance, history, wine tasting and burgeoning arts community. Sculptures in Cloverdale wander through the easily walkable downtown area and beyond.
- Opening Virtual Reception for 2020-2022 TBD
- April 28, 2022
- Removal of the 2020-2022 exhibit sculptures and installation for the 2022-2023
- Timeline for the 2020-2023 will be available in January