Entry submission for 2020-21 exhibit has now closed.
Next Exhibition Dates: May 1, 2020 – April 29, 2021
The goals of the Cloverdale Sculpture Trail are to promote public art that is available to the Cloverdale community and visitors, bringing awareness of public art to all ages and ethnicities. Additionally to ignite the imagination and foster conversation and interaction
To bring awareness to the 2020-2021 Sculpture Trail and the exhibiting sculptors we provide the following:
- Grand Opening Reception to meet and greet the artists on June 6th.
- Media releases. We have added a volunteer independent freelance writer to our team to increase media exposure.
- Printed brochures distributed in key tourism areas in Sonoma County and downloadable from our web site.
- Calendar listings including media, radio stations, art organizations, Sonoma County Tourism Bureau.
- Listing in the Sonoma County Visitors Guide.
- A sign next to each sculpture with artist name, sculpture title, name of sponsor. If a sculpture on display is for sale it will be noted on the sculptor sign and at our website.
- “Sculpture spotlight” appears in the cloverdale reveille showcasing a different sculptor every few weeks and at our website.
Below you will find guidelines and timeline for the 2020-2021 exhibit. There’s a linked PDF of the entry form to print out and mail, or to fill and send on line. Entry deadline is February 29, 2020. There is no entry fee.
“Best of Show” ($1,000), “First Place” ($500) and “Honorable Mention” ($250) will be awarded. Each sculptor selected to exhibit will receive $250 from a sponsor to assist with expenses. This year we are able to add $100, from a grant received for the 2020-2021 Trail, to the $250 for a total of $350.
Video and Otocast
We will again produce a video on the participating 2020-2021 sculptors to show at the opening reception and then viewed at our website and You Tube. A narrated, audio, self-guided walking tour with audio from the actual artists will be available through Otocast. The Trail can be explored worldwide by downloading from Google Play or Apple App Store the free Otocast app and search for Cloverdale.
If you are not familiar with Cloverdale, it is a town 80 miles north of San Francisco on Highway 101. Cloverdale is known for its small town ambiance, history, wine tasting and burgeoning arts community. Sculptures in Cloverdale wander through the easily walkable downtown area and beyond.
- By March 14, 2020
- Artists will be notified of selection
- April 30, 2020
- Installation of selected 2019-2020 sculptures
- By May 6, 2020
- Winners notified
- June 6, 2020 – 5:00 to 7:30 pm
- Opening Reception at the Cloverdale Performing Art Center, 209 N. Cloverdale Blvd.
- April 29, 2021
- Removal of the 2020-2021 exhibit sculptures